Do you suffer from adult acne?
Has your beauty been tampered by the tiny bumps occurring all over your face?
Well, none of us is a big fan of acne or pimples, or blemishes, especially on our face.
Instead, we try to keep out of these skin issues as much as we can. However, if you are a sufferer of adult acne, only the best dermatologist for acne near you can help you.
Before you look out for the best dermatologist in Kolkata, you have to understand the causes of adult acne.
Once you understand why you suffer from adult acne, finding a solution to it will be much easier. Without further delay, let's get started.
What Causes Adult Acne
When adults notice acne on their faces, they start panicking, thinking that they are no more a teenager to have acne. Most dermatologists hear this. Although acne is an adolescent problem, people of all ages can be its prey. However, certain unique features of adult acne differentiate it from adolescent acne. Let's take a look into the causes of adult acne.
The acne that you notice after the age of 25 is known as adult acne or post-adolescent acne. In most cases, the factors that contribute to adolescent acne are the ones that can be blamed for adult acne as well.
To be precise, four factors can be responsible for acne.
They are as follows:
- Excessive oil production
- Clogged skin pores due to sticky cells of the skin
However, some factors indirectly affect your skin pores and cause acne. They are as follows:
- Stress, hormones, and menstrual cycle in women all leading to the production of too much oil
- Skincare and hair products that can clog pores
- Unhealthy dietary practices that can induce inflammation all over the body
There are some medications to be held responsible for the emergence of acne on the skin.
- Anabolic steroids
Besides, some skin problems can result in acne, such as excessive hair growth, hair loss, or rapid onset of acne without any prior history.
If you are facing any added issues, consult Dr. Surajit Gorai
, a reliable and reputed skin specialist doctor in Kolkata.
How to Prevent Breakouts
None of us have control over the production of acne on our skin. However, there are some general tips which, if you follow, can help you immensely.
- Permanently remove makeup before going to bed
- When you purchase any skincare pr cosmetic products, do not forget to check the labels, especially the manufacturing and expiry dates. Also, look for phrases such as "oil-free," "non-comedogenic," and "won't clog pores."
- Do not use facial oils or products that contain oil.
- Know that all spots that you have on your face are not acne. They are the pigmentations caused due to pricking acne or pimple. Whenever you go out, never forget to put on sunscreen with SPF 30+ daily, even when it is raining. This will prevent the darkening of post-acne spots.
Some evidence shows that bringing in a change in the diet may reduce the occurrence of acne. Having said that, it is crucial to be aware of what you are eating and drinking. The best solution here is to consult a nutritionist or dietician.
If you have acne-prone skin, the best product for you to use is a gentle cleanser.
People wearing a lot of makeup every day also should make a cleanser as their best friend.
Although most of you have the notion that using a cleanser only removes the excess oil from the skin, it harms the skin more.
Once the skin's minimal oil is removed, the already inflamed skin becomes more irritant and starts producing more oil than before.
So, it is advised to use a gentle cleanser that soothes your skin instead of making it drier.
Some vitamins can help fight acne, like vitamin A, Zinc, Vitamin C and E, grape seed extract, and turmeric. But, if you see a severe acne problem, do not waste time sitting at home and sulking about it.
Run to the best dermatologist for acne
as soon as you can.